Terms and conditions
- The full course fee shall be paid within 7 days of submitting the enrolment form.
- The course fee is exclusive of VAT, unless otherwise indicated.
- The course fee includes the course, delegate workbook, coffee/tea and lunch.
- Access to the student portal with additional learning materials; an online exam where delegates will receive a Certificate of Competence upon successful completion.
Postponement and cancellation
- In case of oversubscription in a course, the first paid first accommodated principle will apply.
- All requests for postponement or cancellation must be communicated via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation by delegate:
- All postponements or cancellation applications must be received in writing 14 days prior to course commencement.
- Application for cancelation will be reviewed and if found to be for good cause a refund will be processed within 30 working days.
- Applications for postponement (attendance for a different course date) will only be considered provided there is space available on the preferred date.
- Only the 1st postponement will be free of charge, granted the request has been received 14 days prior to the course commencement. Any following postponements will be charged a 25% administration fee, based on the full price.
- Postponements or cancellation applications received in writing more than 7 days but less than 14 days prior to course commencement shall incur a 25% administration fee, based on the full course price.
- No refunds will be paid whatsoever in the event of postponement or cancellation 7 days prior to course commencing
Cancellation by Terra Firma Academy
- Terra Firma Academy reserves the right to cancel or postpone any courses due to unforeseen circumstances or should the required minimum number of enrolments not be received
- In the case of cancellation or postponement as per above, the delegate will have the option to enrol on the next course, or receive a full refund, should the course be cancelled, or the applicant is unable to attend the following date.
- Postponement or cancellations by Terra Firma Academy will not incur any administration fees for the delegate
- Terra Firma Academy will inform the delegate in writing of any decisions regarding postponement or cancellation, 5 working days prior to the course commencement date.
- Delegates may be substituted in the event that the original applicant can’t attend for any reasonable cause
- All substitute applicants must notify Terra Firma Academy of their substitution at least 3 working days prior to course commencement
Accreditation & Payment
- Accreditation through Local Government SETA, Energy and Water SETA, and IEMA are voluntary, and can only be completed if a delegate has attended all course days
- All voluntary accreditation options incur additional fees, which is to be paid one week in advance of the course commencement date.
- In the event that a delegate has missed one of the course days, no refund will be offered on the voluntary accreditation.
- However, Terra Firma Academy will offer one opportunity to attend this missed course day on the next available date at no additional cost.
- Delegates that have not paid accreditation as per point 2, will be excluded from accreditation proceedings and will thus not receive said accreditation
- Delegates will not be handed the Local Government SETA, or Energy and Water SETA, portfolio for completion in event of the above (3)
- Delegates will not be allowed to write the IEMA exam for the Carbon Footprint Analyst course, in the event of the above (3)
- Should a delegate not be successful in their first submission of the SETA assessment, another opportunity at submission will be offered free of charge. Thereafter, a R1000 (excl. VAT) fee will be charged for every resubmission.
- Each re-sit of an IEMA exam, will incur an additional fee of R950, excl. VAT.
- Terra Firma Solutions offers an online exam which awards a Certificate of Competence which is included in the course fee.
- Participation in the Certificate of Competence is voluntary
- Delegates need to achieve a minimum of 70% in order to receive the Certificate of Competence
- Delegates will only have 2 opportunities to participate. Should both attempts be unsuccessful, then delegates will not be awarded a Certificate of Competence
- Delegates will only be granted access to this exam, if they have attended all the course days.
Bank Name: First National Bank
Account Name: Terra Firma Solution Pty Ltd
Account Type: Business Cheque
Account Number: 623 4599 2243
Branch Name: Century City
Branch Code: 200909
Reference: Academy – Student name and surname